.. GIRL !!
Today we had our final ultrasound before the baby arrives and there is no doubt; we’re having a daughter! It was amazing and the fact that we got to share the experience with family made it even more fantastic! Everything looked perfect and she has a little Willow-nose! I have no idea what to do with myself for the next two months. May, you better get here fast so our baby girl can come out and join our family.
- I’m going to keep the happy cooking attitude and hope that it continues to pay off. -Maybe even open a cook book! Living on the edge!
- Stay in shape (counting on the Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction staying away) and quickly go back to my ideal weight after the pregnancy. Everyone who’s read this blog for 2 seconds knows that I’m not a big fan of pregnancy (just the result) so I’m looking forward to getting my body back.
- Prioritize personal time so my creativity doesn’t die and I end up going insane. More time for music, reading, photography, portfolios, blogging and personal projects. This means that I need to improve my time management skills (Sarai wrote a pretty cool post about this). I’m already a laundry ninja and a planning champion when it comes to parenting and family life but I need to get better at prioritizing personal time so I can reach my goals. Kev always says “go for it” and makes room in his/our schedule but I’m a big family person so I always end up spending what time I have with Kev and Willow Ava. I just need to realize that sometimes it’s actually better to go and do something for yourself. This will reflect back on my family when they get a more happy, healthy mom/me back. I have more energy and I’m actually more present in the moment when I’ve made time for Me and my work.
I need to stop postponing, prioritize better, take action and get things done!
On an end note I wish for a fantastic 2012 where we will welcome our second child into the world in May.
2011 Wishes & Goals > My 2011
Ever since we became parents in 2010 life has sped up to 10 x the normal pace. Dude, it’s true; When you have kids you DO get old.
And not because it’s exhausting in the most wonderful way but because of the fact that every time you blink once; BAM! There goes a whole week. And what do you know, there goes 2011!? “Honey, are you sure that Christmas is next week? I mean THE Christmas? And where did you put the baby? Oh, never mind. She just walked by me and said Hi.” I can’t even begin to recap how much has happened this year and how much I’ve already forgot. I feel completely senile as I’m sitting here, going though my calendar and all of my posts from 2011 but the funny part is that I’m so much more entertained when I read about some of the crazy shit that’s been going on in our lives. For example I totally forgot about the day the laws of psychics discontinued and some dude’s kid sneezed 5 feet up and into my mouth. Priceless memories..
My 2011 looked a little like this..;
- I managed to once again neglect this blog so that 2011 goal about pulling my ass together didn’t exactly work out. I will try again this year and hopefully you guys (the 3 of you) will continue to put up with me.
- I spent about half of the year on maternity leave and I was definitely going a little crazy at some points.
- The lack of ability to drink coffee (hi, post-preggy hormones!) resulted in me taking up my old coke habit but I managed to drop it as well as the last baby weight, a 2011 goal, and I kept up my training schedule.
- I did actually get better at ignoring my inner control/neat freak, dropping everything, letting go and just enjoying time with Willow. I’ll continue to try to improve this.
- I didn’t get The Remote so I am going to save up for it. What I did get is a deeelicious backpack for all my photography gear from Kev, for my last birthday so no complaints!
- If someone asks about my portfolio I have NO IDEA of what they’re talking about. I visited my Flickr on Christmas and saw that the last upload I had was from before Willow was born. HOW SAD IS THAT. That being said, the portfolio is actually in the works. I “only” have to make time for the final touches but the orders for pictures come first so. Yeah. I wished for more time for photography. I didn’t get it. But I got more time with the man I love and that’s priceless.
- On August 10th we had to call it an end for our pup Nico. I had a hard time getting over the fact that I had to take his life. I still do.
- The night after we lost grandma Maja.
- The week after that I tested positive and we had confirmation that we had succeeded in getting pregnant with our second little Miracle!! Sadly Maja didn’t live to enjoy the news.
- We took another crazy ride in November when Willow was diagnosed with asthma and my father in-law was diagnosed and then undiagnosed with cancer.
- In December we took our first trip to Egypt and got some much needed sunshine!
- I got a little less shitty at the whole cooking thing. Well, at my attitude at least. And we put a stop to the food waste we had. YAY!
-Speaking of attitudes, I took a lot into this quote;
“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.”
2011 Wishes & Goals